Korean Soup – Button Mushroom Cream Soup
Button mushroom cream soup is a rich and creamy soup made from fresh button mushrooms. It is typically prepared by sautéing onions and garlic in butter, then adding sliced button mushrooms and cooking them until tender. The mixture is then pureed until smooth and combined with cream, vegetable broth, and seasonings. The soup is simmered until it thickens and develops a rich flavor. It is often garnished with fresh herbs or a drizzle of cream before serving. Additional ingredients like white wine, Worcestershire sauce, or grated Parmesan cheese may be added for added depth and complexity.
1 lb (450 g) button mushrooms, sliced,1 medium onion, diced,3 cloves garlic, minced,4 tablespoons unsalted butter,4 cups vegetable or chicken broth,1 cup heavy cream,Salt and pepper to taste,Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot and saute until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced button mushrooms to the pot and cook for about 5~7 minutes, or until the mushrooms release their moisture and begin to brown.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 15~20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids to avoid any accidents.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Heat the soup gently over low heat until it is warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Serve the mushroom cream soup hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Button mushroom cream soup is often served as a starter or main course and is enjoyed year-round. It is a comforting and satisfying dish that is popular in many cuisines around the world. It can be garnished with fresh herbs, a drizzle of cream, or a sprinkle of grated cheese for added flavor and presentation.
Korean Soup – Homemade Ramen Soup
2 commercially available ramen noodles, 2 handfuls of chives, 3 handfuls of soybean sprouts (can be omitted or replaced with onions), half a zucchini (can be omitted), 3 green onion roots (green onions to make green onion oil), 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil, ramen water 1L fixed (adjustable).
Ramen soup seasoning
4 tablespoons red pepper powder, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger powder, 1 and a half tablespoons liquid seasoning (can replace powdered seasoning), 3 tablespoons fish soy sauce (can replace soup soy sauce), a little pepper powder.
- Wash the chives thoroughly in cold water, drain them, and cut them into approximately 4cm lengths. Prepare the green onions that will be used to make the green onion oil by slicing them as thinly as possible.
- Place the bean sprouts in a sieve, rinse with clean water a few times, then drain and prepare. Cut the zucchini into half-moon shapes.
- Pour plenty of oil into a well-heated frying pan, reserve about 3 tablespoons of the prepared green onions for garnish, and fry the rest in oil over medium heat for about 4 minutes to release the green onion oil.
- When the color of the green onion changes to golden brown and the scent of green onion oil is released, add the seasoning to the ramen soup and roughly loosen it. Then add the zucchini and stir-fry for about 1 minute while mixing well with the seasoning.
- Do not add a lot of ramen broth from the beginning, but boil with just enough water to cover the ingredients.
- When the water starts to boil, add the prepared ramen noodles, check the seasoning, and add more water. Boil the soup and cook the ramen noodles about 2/3 of the time.
- When the ramen noodles are about 2/3 cooked, add the prepared chives and root stock, mix well with the soup, boil for another 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat. The homemade ramen soup that I made along with the homemade ramen soup is complete.
This homemade ramen soup is also preferred by children who do not eat vegetables very often.
Korean Soup – Healthy Diet Tomato Vegetable Soup
5 tomatoes (about 750 g), 1/2 onion, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/3 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/3 tablespoon chicken stock, 350 ml water
ingredients,1 teaspoon salt, 3 pepperoni
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly under running water.
- Make a crosswise cut on the tomato. The reason for making the cut is to easily remove the skin.
- Place the cut tomatoes in boiling water and blanch them for 1 to 2 minutes so that the skin naturally separates from the flesh.
- After 1 to 2 minutes, cool the hot tomatoes in cold water to cool down and then peel off the skins with your hands.
- Peel the skin and remove the remaining green tail by cutting it with a knife.
- Cut the cleaned tomatoes into 4-5 pieces so they can be easily fried in a pan. When you cut the tomatoes, you get soup, so I prepare all of it, including the soup.
Prepare cleanly washed onions by cutting them into thin strips. There is a process of frying the onions until they turn brown. The thinner the strips are, the more convenient it is.
Making tomato soup
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and cook halfway.
- When the butter is half melted, add the onion and fry over low-medium heat so that it does not burn.
- Fry the onions until they turn brown. Fry until it turns brown, just before burning. Don’t forget to fry it until it is fully cooked and turns brown.
- When the onion is well browned, add 1/3 tablespoon of garlic and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared tomatoes and fry with the onions over medium heat for another 2 minutes. When cutting tomatoes, add all the tomatoes, including the water.
- If you fry the tomatoes for about 1 minute, the tomato water will increase and the tomato flesh will shrivel.
- Add 1/3 tablespoon of chicken stock. Chicken stock acts as a seasoning.
- After 15 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of salt and 3 peperona seeds to adjust the seasoning. It is best not to add salt from the beginning, but to add more salt as you check the seasoning.
If you follow the above method, you will have a tomato vegetable soup that is helpful for dieting.
Korean Soup – Crab Meat Soup
Crab meat soup is a type of soup that features crab meat as the main ingredient. It can be made using different types of crabs, such as blue crabs, snow crabs, or Dungeness crabs. The soup is typically prepared by combining crab meat with various other ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, spices, and a base liquid like broth or cream. The specific recipe can vary depending on regional or personal preferences, but crab meat soup is generally known for its rich and flavorful taste.
1 pound crab meat (fresh or canned),4 cups chicken broth,1 cup heavy cream,1 onion, diced,2 cloves garlic, minced,2 tablespoons butter,2 tablespoons all-purpose flour,1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir well to combine with the butter, onion, and garlic. Cook for an additional minute to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth while whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the heavy cream and Old Bay seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the soup to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the chunks too much. Let the soup cook for an additional 3-4 minutes to heat the crab meat.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. If the soup is too thick, you can add a little more chicken broth or cream to thin it out.
- Serve the crab meat soup hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley. You can also serve it with some crusty bread or oyster crackers on the side.